2006-12-30

Torn

I'm torn. AN Evil tyrant is dead. So now, we have somewhat of a media feeding frenzy on the Saddam execution. It's really quite sick, and reminds me somewhat of the Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry" - With the Line: "We've got the bubble headed bleach blond who comes on at five, she can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye." The media are repulsive. Let's make no mistake about it, Saddam was a brutal, arrogant, evil little git, and that's being generous. But was it our place to execute him? I cannot answer that one, but I am sure there are plenty who will try either way. Ask yourself this question: "Could I have pulled the lever that opened the trap door under his feet?" My answer is simple - I couldn't have - I would see his sick face in my dreams for the rest of my life. No Thanks. I still cannot say whether-or-not his execution was wrong or right, but it would be my opinion and I will keep it to myself. I just know I couldn't have done it. A human is a human evil or not. γ˜γ‚ƒγΎγŸ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29