2006-12-29

Gone To Meet His Maker

Well, Saddam has been dispatched to meet his maker. I don't believe there will be any virgins waiting for him. I think genuine judgment will await. Eternity in a very hot fiery place is a distinct possibility. We wont know until it is our own turn to meet that same maker. However, he certainly did enough vile things to warrant a hot sulfur bath for all eternity. But, as I said before, only God knows the outcome of this, we are mortals, and fully incapable of truly unbiased, truly even, truly fair judgment. Now what about those who put him there? Food for thought. Are they equally responsible? γ˜γ‚ƒγΎγŸ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess what I don't understand about capital punishment is how killing someone solves the bad situation he helped create. It is like expecting 2 wrongs to make a right. That is not a natural death. What Saddam did was very wrong indeed but does he deserve to die at the "hand of man" any more than I do for my own sins against others? Lots to wonder about anyway.....

bullwinkle said...

It can wind up becoming a
circular argument very
quickly.... Can't it?
That's why I asked the
question "Now what about
those who put him there?"

Could he have repented and
been a force for good?

Is it really up to man to
do anymore than lock him
up like a caged animal in
order to prevent further
misdeeds?

Is all we are doing here
gaining vengeance?

One commentator I read
tonight argued for execution
in order to prevent a
Napoleon situation.....
Returning to power somehow....

I have no answer....

And in this case....

It isn't 42.....

(Hitch Hiker's guide
reference)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29