2006-06-08

Shiny Stuff

Jeff Foxworthy made this comment (among others) about Rednecks: Ya know what kinda things Rednecks like? Fishin Lures, beer cans, U.F.O.s Shiny stuff, which explains why most of the people who see U.F.O.s are using fishing lures and holding beer cans. :-D Computer Geeks are similar; you know what kind of things computer geeks like? Digital cameras, Coke Cans, mp3 players, U.F.O.s Shiny stuff, which explains why a lot of people who see U.F.O.s are using cheap digital cameras which make poor photos of said U.F.O.s and listening to expensive MP3 Players with blinking lights on them. ;-D I broke down a couple of days ago and bought the MP3 player, (not the most expensive model, I'm not that much of a gadget freak ;-)) I have the cheap digital camera, I sometimes have been seen with a coke can (that is rare these days, I have to be real thirsty before I drink pop now - too much sugar, and I need to lose weight badly) but have yet to see a U.F.O. ;-D Here is a snap: 


This thing is great, supports open formats (Ogg, Flac) and I can access it with my Linux box (I despise M$ Windows products) - But it can be fussy - once you have copied the files over that you want, make sure you unmount the drive, and wait for it to finish... If you don't wait for Linux to properly unmount the unit, you could wind up with corrupt or partially corrupt files, and they will skip, or hiccup. Worse is apparently the probability of causing file system corruption, in which case you have to re - format the X5's hard drive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29