2006-06-05

Old Photo/New Photo

So why did I use an old photo of myself and not a newer one? Simple: vanity. The reality: Between June of 1992, when that picture was taken, and May of 2004, I ballooned to 350 pounds (about 158.75 Kilograms!) Although I am currently working at getting back to my ideal weight of 210 pounds, (about 95.25 Kilograms) - BMI says I should be about 195 pounds, but my bone structure is such that 210 is better - I now weigh in at about 310 pounds - a drop of 40 pounds (about 18 Kilograms). Only 100 (about 45.35 Kilograms) to go...... So how did I get from this (picture taken in May of 1992):

  A svelte 210 Pounds/95.25 Kilograms. six feet two inches   
  tall and a 34 inch waist size. 

 

 

 

 

 

To this (Picture taken in May of 2004 - almost 12 years to the day after):[[ Image missing - replace]]

 

Heart attack fodder, scale tipping weight of 350 Pounds (158.75 Kilograms) with a 54 inch waist size???? (** I haven't had a heart attack -- Yet -- thankfully, and I am working at getting to a healthier weight so that it doesn't happen, in addition, our diet has changed, we eat a lot of Japanese style meals - much healthier) So the how: Well, when I left full - time ministry, I got a job, a car, and more computer and electronics gadgetry. Every work night, on my way home, I would grab about $20.00 worth of junk food, and sit in front of my computers and electronic gadgets, eating, and not doing much physical exercise at all (moving the jaw & swallowing do not count). Now I am paying for the junk food diet and the subsequent sit and not move jobs. Do yourself a very large favour: Skip the junk food, eat yer veggies, and try Sushi, (Trust me sushi is good for you and tastes great - we eat other foods than Sushi of course, that is just one example). And at the very least, take a quickly paced 10 to 15 minute walk every day, the fresh air will do you wonders.... and the exercise is great for you and your heart. Oh, and walk quickly (not slowly) past the ice cream parlours and fast food places on your walks. 日本の料理がとても美味しいですよ。 寿司やすき焼きが食べてみてください。 じゃ、また。

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to know Dell and I are not alone in the immense weight gains brought about by sitting all day and having no motivation to eat properly under stress! Congrats on the weight lost thus far and we know you will be an inspiration to us to start doing better when school ends next month!

bullwinkle said...

Thanks, it's tough to diet sometimes
when some one on our side of the
building decides to cook steak at
quarter to 11 at night.....

Mind you, they left it long enough
that I think it is burned to
shoe - leather, and it drove
both of us from the bedroom as
the a/c sucked the stench of
burning meat into the bedroom

;-(

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29