2006-08-18

Duh! Moment

I had one of those slap myself in the forehead moments earlier today. I have been looking for replacement parts for my exercise bike for a couple of weeks now, with no luck. The company that made it went buh - bye a few years ago. And I was under the impression that the pedals (the broken bit) were custom made - since the local bike shop didn't recognize the design (oddly, and poorly designed, I might add) - but today I took a wrench and vice-grips to the broken pedal - lo and behold, it comes apart, the pedal part is a standard bike pedal, and NOT broken, there is an intermediate adapter thingy between the pedal and the bike, still no joy, that appears custom machined. But wait, I decided to try and thread the pedal right onto the bike, the way it would be on any ordinary bike. A great big slap myself in the forehead moment, it bolts right in place! No cardio attachment to the pedals, but I don't use it anyway. I had my first stationary bike ride in several days tonight, it felt good. γ˜γ‚ƒγΎγŸ。

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29