2011-06-02

Who determines...

Who determines how one is to be productive, and what constitutes good work flow? I was always under the impression that when it came to MY work habits, I did However Ubuntu, with it's cripple-ware called Unity, and Gnome with Gnome 3 shell seem to think they do... I have been an Ubuntu user since the 4.x series and a Gnome user since it came out. I hope you folks can get it together, because your idea of a work flow doesn't work for me, sorry. However Mint 11/XFCE or KDE versions is starting to look inviting. As much as I despise KDE, I may be forced to switch until Ubuntu or Gnome (or both) get their respective acts back together. Ubuntu and Gnome both seem to be getting a run on jumping the shark.

2 comments:

Sarek said...

My thoughts exactly. And I also never liked KDE but now that I've used it for a couple of days I'm finding it extremely nice. Maybe I will not miss GNOME at all

bullwinkle said...

I used KDE a number of times several years ago when still using Red Hat/Fedora - it wasn't bad, a little too much like windows. However I now find Gnome/Unity too much like a portable device. I just can't work like that.

Cheers

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29