2009-05-25

Projects Part Deux

Well, I found the two rare parts I needed for my good old TS-820S - a choke for the power supply and an audio IC. for the audio amp, both of which were rare finds since this radio was first produced about 1978 which makes this radio about 30 years old. Ebay is a boon... I am now listening to a net on 80 meters.

On the left is the audio amp board, on the right are the two audio amp IC's (did I mention I H*A*T*E desoldering and resoldering Integrated Circuits? Thankfully these have only ten pins :-) ) The chip on the extreme right is the good one the one to its left is the dead one.

Two electrolytics, the one on the left with the disc ceramic cap and resistor is one being replaced (there are two assemblies like this to be replaced) Notice how much shorter the new one is?

 The new one now with a disc ceramic cap and a resistor added.

The rig purring away nicely. Still some stuff to do, but it is now functional and at least I can listen in. The pile of parts in front are the bits I have replaced so far. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
じゃね

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Contributors

CatWalker

CatWalker
CatWalker at 29